实习主播 发表于 2010-6-10 15:18:06

请教一句话的翻译理解…

it was a question of who yelled the loudest .  请问这句话怎么理解…谢谢

实习主播 发表于 2010-6-10 15:33:41

本短语出自下面的听力对话:<br /><blockquote>W: Did you hear that Phil is being assigned that really nice office on the second floor?<br />M: Yes, just this morning.<br />&nbsp; &nbsp;To tell the truth, I think it was a question of who yelled the loudest.<br />Q: What can be inferred from the conversation?</blockquote><br /><br />除了用yell这个单词之外,常见的还有以下一些:<br /><i>a question of who shouts/speaks/talks/croaks/screams the loudest</i><br />或者这样表达:<br /><i>a question of who has the loudest voice/a question of who is the loudest</i><br /><br />这个短语的意思大致相当于:谁嗓门大谁有理。或者:会叫的鸟儿有食吃<br />描述的是一种没有严格标准,没有明确是非的情况,谁争取就是谁的,谁主张谁就是对的一种状况。<br /><br />以下是两个来自网络的例句:<br />NHS can't afford to keep on saving lives, says cancer expert: Health economist Julian Le Grand, of the London School of Economics, suggested there should be &quot;a consistent rule that says what will be funded and what won't. It shouldn't be a question of who shouts the loudest.&quot;<br /><br />Street art is one component of the art world. It has its own singularities like any other art movement. In a way, art is what you want to see before your eyes. Everyone has their own desires, fears and fantasies. Art is a way to transform these into something concrete. From then on, it’s just a question of who shouts the loudest or who jumps the highest.

beiwei91 发表于 2010-6-10 15:45:32

长见识了,呵呵~~~
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 请教一句话的翻译理解…

大学生要找工作,就上湖南大学生人才网..
长沙理工大学自考在线报名咨询!